Applicants must complete an Application Form and present the following 3 documents: 1. Curriculum Vitae; 2. Personal Statement; 3. Essay.
– Document 1. CV. The CV must be preceded by an Executive Summary of up to 400 words.
– Document 2. Personal Statement. Explanation of interest in the fellowship, expected benefits and related future activities. Up to 400 words.
– Document 3. Essay. Essay written by the applicant about one of the ten following topics related to Argentina and/or South America: 1. International Economic Relations; 2. Democracy and Media; 3. Poverty and Social Policy; 4. Role of the State; 5. Regional Cooperation and Integration; 6. Inequality and Social Justice; 7. Democracy and Human Rights; 8. Promotion of Democratic Political Culture and Education; 9. National Economic Management; 10. Cities, Design and Local Development. The essay can be either a preview of the applicant’s masters or doctoral thesis in progress; a summary of the completed master or doctoral thesis; or an analysis or critical interpretation of current or completed work in public or social service, identifying the applicant?s role within this context. In each option the essay should be between 4,000 and 7,000 words. Longer theses will be accepted, but must be accompanied by a summary of the length mentioned above.
Documents 1 and 2 (CV and personal statement) and the Application Form must be submitted in two versions: one in Spanish (or Portuguese) and another one in English (download both Application Forms below).
Document 3 (essay) can be submitted in one language (Spanish, Portuguese or English), but along with an abstract in two languages: Spanish (or Portuguese) and English. For detailed information, see the Rules.
All documents (Application Form and documents 1, 2 and 3) must be submitted together. Partial applications will not be accepted.
Applications must be sent by email to OLAbecaPNK@observatorylatinamerica.org before June 30, 2011 5:00pm Buenos Aires time, or 5:00pm New York time.
- Download the Guidelines of this Call
- Download the Application Form in English
- Download the Application Form in Spanish