MAIL ART CALL – 2084 IMAGINED FUTURES
Subject: Mail from the year 2084
- About this call:
- Travel to the year 2084 and send a mail art to our present.
- Occupy the future! This call invites you to seize the future.
- Reception deadline: November 15, 2022
- The works can be dispatched until November 15, 2022
- Size: maximum 15 x20 cm
- Quantity: up to 2 works per participant
- Indicate on the back of each work (in clear letters):
- Last Name and First Name / Postal Address / Email / Instagram
- Title of the work (if it has one) and some text if you wish
- The envelope can be intervened
- Submission by postal mail, works sent by other means are not accepted
- Address: Pinto 4442
- ZIP Code: C1429AP
- Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires, Argentina
- The exhibition is scheduled for the end of November beginning of December 2022, in the Exhibition Hall of the Library of the Facultad de Arquitectura, Diseño y Urbanismo, Universidad de Buenos Aires (FADU UBA), Argentina.
- All works will be exhibited / It is not a requirement to be an artist.
- Participation is open to all public, of any nationality and place of residence.
- There will be no selection, no jury, no sale.
- Contact information
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IG: @postal2084
- Summon: Norma Otero / Martin Gromez
Sponsored by: Espacio.MO; 2084 Imagined Futures; Dirección de Programas Internacionales, Facultad de Arquitectura, Diseño y Urbanismo, Universidad de Buenos Aires (FADU UBA); and Observatory on Latin America OLA, The New School.
Participants must bear the shipping costs, the organizers are not responsible for damages caused by third parties.
The organizers reserve the right of admission in the event that some of the images are considered inappropriate (that appeal to intolerance of discrimination or that contradict the artistic objectives).
2084 Imagined Futures convokes imaginations and amplifies the voices of those that usually go unheard.
The future is currently a field in dispute, inclusive futures require considering the aspirations of society as a whole and not only of the sectors that are used to exercising their “capacity to aspire” (Appadurai, 2004). So that the future includes us all it is crucial to activate each imagination and encourage everyone to occupy the everyday life of the future.
- Learn more about the 2084 Imagined Futures Program
- Visit the Museum of Futures
- Share your imaginations on our website
- Follow us on Instagram @2084futurosimaginados , communicate with us
Travel to 2084 and tell what you see, hear, smell, feel, think, dream, fear, desire…