- This event has passed.
ONLINE · Global Access to Vaccines: the Politics of Negotiations and the Global South
May 28 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
The second installment in the Global Pandemics in an Unequal World Webinar Series. When a safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine is developed, will it be a “peoples vaccine” produced in time and scale, affordably priced, and available for all countries and all people?
• Mariângela Simão, Assistant Director-General for Access to Medicines, Vaccines and Pharmaceuticals, World Health Organization
• Celso Amorim, Minister of External Relations of Brazil (1993-94; 2003-2010), and Minister of Defense of Brazil (2011-2014)
• Ellen t’Hoen, Director of Medicines Law & Policy, researcher at the University of Groningen and founder of the Medicines Patent Pool
• Achal Prabhala, Shuttleworth Fellow in advancing innovation and access to medicines and co-coordinator of AccessIBSA
• Elen Høeg, Policy Manager at CEPI (Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations)
The discussion will be moderated by Sakiko Fukuda-Parr, Professor and director of the Julien J. Studley Graduate Programs in International Affairs.
Online | Livestream
Thursday, May 28th